What can you do if your spouse refuses to sign divorce papers?

Once you have filed your divorce petition, your spouse is required to follow the court rules to file the acknowledgement of service within 8 days of receiving it. But what should you do if they refuse to sign it.

In practice, it does not matter if the acknowledgement of service is filed a bit late with the court. The court won’t do anything about it unless you get in touch with them. The easiest way to go forward will always be for your spouse to file an acknowledgement of service, so it is worth encouraging/pressuring them to do so, even if they are late.

Read More

0 Comments3 Minutes